Thread: Airbrush Problems-Help!

Default Airbrush Problems-Help!

Hello,
    I bought an Eastwood BD-128P airbrush kit about 8 mo.'s ago, finally got it out to use & I can't get it to pick-up the product out of the glass jar reservoir. I'm trying to spray some primer on a scratched car door, but can't get the primer to come out. I thinned it pretty good, it should pick it up. Any help or suggestions??? Thanks...Bob

Hi Bob,

To check to see if you have an issue with the gun itself or just an issue with thinning the product, I'd start by trying to spray straight water or thinner through the airbrush. If you can get that to properly atomize, then try playing with your paint to thinner mixture ratio.

Hope that helps,

Matt/EW

Hi Matt,The brush does spray with straight thinner, I guess I'll have to thin the product out more. I'm trying to prime some key scratches on my door, so I want a fine spray but I want to build it with primer before I spray the topcoat. Do you have any suggestions on how to do that without really thinning out the primer?? Thanks...Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM View Post
    Hi Bob,

To check to see if you have an issue with the gun itself or just an issue with thinning the product, I'd start by trying to spray straight water or thinner through the airbrush. If you can get that to properly atomize, then try playing with your paint to thinner mixture ratio.

Hope that helps,

Matt/EW

You will probably be advised to clean your brush.
    Ken Atkins