Thread: Just got my Eastwood Mig 135

Default Just got my Eastwood Mig 135

I just got my new Eastwood Mig 135. The verdict is still out. I ran several beads with it and I'm pleased with the way it welds flux core wire. I don't have my mig gas set up yet. I guess I was kind of surprised at the plastic wire feed mechanism. Seems it would be easy to break or wear out quickly. Any opinions on this.

After only a few beads and removing the torch nozzle a couple times to clean it, it came apart. The threaded bushing came out of the nozzle. Went to Tractor Supply and bought a new one.

More when I get my gas set up.

My brand new one did the same thing. Are they supposed to be that delicate ?

We have run endless spools of wire through our machines at home, in the shop here at Eastwood, etc and we haven't had the drive mechanism wear our, break during normal use. You should be just fine!

We have seen the nozzles separate like that from extended exposure to high-heat. There are other tweco nozzles on the market with higher tolerances to heat if you need to find them. They are found at most local welding supply stores. Just bring your old nozzle in and ask to be directed to the "Tweco" nozzle section of consumables.

Hope that helps!

-Matt/EW

Default Eastwood MIG 135

I've had my Mig 135 about a year now. I too had to replace the nozzle soon after I bought it. Eastwood sent me a replacement. I bought a spare from Tractor Supply. I've never welded with flux core wire on mine but with gas it does great. Doubt you'll ever find one better for the price. I too was concerned about what appeared to be a kind of "cheezy" wire feed mechanism, but I was assured by Eastwood that all the internals, gears, bearings, etc., were steel and not plastic. I've had no problems with it.

Machine welds great.

The only issue I have with mine is purely asthetic. The front panel is labeled on a thin piece of plastic that by even the most liberal of standards is poor quality. Under just the normal heat from my shop and the sun when outside, it has warped and buckled and will not lay flat against the front panel. Looks really tacky. Makes the machine look cheap and that's ashamed considering that for probably an additional $0.19 it could have been made of higher quality material to lay flat. I wish Eastwood made a replacement part. I'd love to replace mine.

Otherwise a great machine and I'd recommend it to anybody. And by the way, it looks like my complaint may have been taken care of on the newer machines.

Quote Originally Posted by jbailey1015 View Post
    I've had my Mig 135 about a year now. I too had to replace the nozzle soon after I bought it. Eastwood sent me a replacement. I bought a spare from Tractor Supply. I've never welded with flux core wire on mine but with gas it does great. Doubt you'll ever find one better for the price. I too was concerned about what appeared to be a kind of "cheezy" wire feed mechanism, but I was assured by Eastwood that all the internals, gears, bearings, etc., were steel and not plastic. I've had no problems with it.

Machine welds great.

The only issue I have with mine is purely asthetic. The front panel is labeled on a thin piece of plastic that by even the most liberal of standards is poor quality. Under just the normal heat from my shop and the sun when outside, it has warped and buckled and will not lay flat against the front panel. Looks really tacky. Makes the machine look cheap and that's ashamed considering that for probably an additional $0.19 it could have been made of higher quality material to lay flat. I wish Eastwood made a replacement part. I'd love to replace mine.

Otherwise a great machine and I'd recommend it to anybody. And by the way, it looks like my complaint may have been taken care of on the newer machines.
    Thanks for the feedback, we actually had a small batch of MIG 135 and 175's that we've seen have that issue. If you could send me a PM with a picture of yours and your mailing info, I can get you a replacement right out at no charge.

Hope that helps!

-Matt/EW

Default Eastwood Mig 135

Thanks Matt, I am John Bailey, 1425 Kristle Lane, Lake Charles, LA 70611. I suppose I'll need the four holding pins also. Attached are a couple pictures.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks John! I have one packed up and going out to you today! Should have it within a week. I threw in a handful of the plastic pins as well.

Hope that helps!

-Matt/EW

same with my welder used it today to weld up a few screw holes and when i turned around to put it away... warp city on the face plate. the welder itself works great but now it looks sad Can you help me out Matt?

-Todd

Name:  DSC00535.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  141.2 KBName:  DSC00536.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  140.5 KBName:  DSC00537.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  144.6 KB

Sure thing,

Send me a PM with your shipping info and I'll send one away for you.

Thanks,

Matt/EW

Thanks Matt,
    It got here yesterday and 5 mins it was replaced....Thank You!!!!

Now back to welding on the 54 Chevy....

Todd