Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blasting Cabinet Upgrade

I bought a tp tools upgrade kit a few years ago. I got the one with the foot pedal though, its much nicer to operate. I use black diamond or AO, and I have to replace the gun and nozzle about once a year.
    Mike
    Customs by Mike
    www.thepowdercoater.com

Default pablaster ?

John37 talked aqbout a PaBlaster. I have been looking for the plans but the pablaster.com site seams to be defunk. Could some one tell me how I could find the plans and contact the designer? Also I redad somewhere that there was a Yahoo Gruop for the PaBlaster, where to I join?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by john37 View Post
    Don't know what air pressure you are running, but you don't want to run it full blast (no pun intended), you want to try to stay around 60 psi for the most part. This will do a couple of things for your equipment. It won't eat up tips real fast, run eat at your gun so fast and you won't have to replace the window film so often. I keep mine in that area unless I have a real mean looking piece to blast. Then I'll turn it up for that piece, then back it down. My tips last quite awhile and my gun has been in use for better then 1 1/2 years with no issues and it's a cheap gun (Work Force brand) I use ceramic tips and they last pretty good. Got the gun and tips at Menard's. I also have my pot blaster ( pablaster.com ) set up to use with the cabinet. Hope this helped.

http://www.PABlaster.com
    Your right it's down. This was it.

You can try contacting him here:
    BERKELUSA@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydad View Post
    http://www.PABlaster.com
    Your right it's down. This was it.

You can try contacting him here:
    BERKELUSA@hotmail.com
    I left him a message on the Yahoo group concerning his web site and let him know that someone was looking for info on the blaster. You have to have his blessing to get in the group. It's a good system.
    Who said, you can't teach an ole dog new tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by 2003z View Post
    I bought a tp tools upgrade kit a few years ago. I got the one with the foot pedal though, its much nicer to operate. I use black diamond or AO, and I have to replace the gun and nozzle about once a year.
    Do you use the Carbide nozzles. I was eating up a the steel one every week. Ceramic about a month. I've still got the first carbide I put in the cabinet over a year ago
    Alan Minga
    Lacey's Spring, AL
    1986 Regal T-type

I was only getting 30 minutes out of a ceramic nozzle with AO. That could have been because the gun was starting to wear out. Once the sand starts eating the gun, this changes the path/vortex... whatever you want to call it and tips will go faster. I have this issue with our full blast room aswell. From having the hose layed over your shoulder that causes the sand to eat the top of the hose and then wear the edge of the nozzle and nozzle holder. Once that starts, its all downhill. We have been doing well with our current nozzle. I think its a year old and still appears new. we trim the hose every couple weeks. I think I already mentioned in here that its wise to upgrade to a more expensive gun such as an Empire or Trinco, there are a few others. install the foot pedal valve or just plumb in a ball valve to the side of the cabinet as an on/off switch. Works so much better than the cheapy gun.
    www.powdercoatingboard.com
    Powder Coating Forum