Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High temp vinyl/stickers?

Default High temp vinyl/stickers?

Well, I'm going to be doing a valve cover here pretty soon and the customer wants this car club logo/sticker on the cover in between the clear coat and the color coat. How can I do this, where can I get high temp vinyl/stickers or is there any other way this might work?

I tried leaving hi temp vinyl on once, it doesn't work.

Your best bet is to put the logo color down on the valve cover first, cure, then put the vinyl on and pc over it with the main color, and peel the vinyl off when the powder gets hot enough to stick, but has not yet flowed out.
    Mike
    Customs by Mike
    www.thepowdercoater.com

2003z, how do you do that when the part has to be hot flocked for the second coat? I have thought about doing it that way but figured the vinyl would stick to the hot part and melt.

Quote Originally Posted by k-series
    http://www.vcgraphix.com/

AJ has them.

Steve
    I don't see where to order the high temp vinyl/stickers on there? AJ?

Wasn't Bob making high temp sickers a while back? I've seen a companies logo on a sticker underneath a clearcoat somewhere online before...

Kyle

Man, if I could get my hands on a big roll of high temp vinyl I'd buy a crapload of it and pay a good price. I work at a body shop and we have a vinyl plotter that I could feed it through.

Quote Originally Posted by F-5 Performance
    2003z, how do you do that when the part has to be hot flocked for the second coat? I have thought about doing it that way but figured the vinyl would stick to the hot part and melt.
    I've only done it on one piece and I only preheated the part to around 200 to avoid the melting. Unfortunately, the red bled through the gunmetal, but not until I clearcoated it, so the thing is sitting on a shelf in the garage now. It would have been pretty!
    Mike
    Customs by Mike
    www.thepowdercoater.com

i just bought a heavy duty blade for my plotter to be able to cut polyester (green tape) and you can buy it in rolls from echo....

I've been dealing with AJ at Victory Circle lately, he seems like a good guy and the product looks good. The hard part for me is learning vector graphics.
    "It is funny actualy , the space rays are much older then you would believe. They were the fundamental basis for the creation of the periodic table and the isolation of elements. It was called the ether. Almost everything we have that works, came from the understanding of the ether and how it worked, and created the effects of the different elements" --William McCormick