View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Need to sand, prime , paint

Hi, I have a Motorcycle gas tank i need to paint . It is primed, has scattered small rust spots about size of small pencil point. I need some help going in the right direction. I have never painted a metal tank before. I have a Black Sportster. Any suggestions as to grit choices and proper prep steps. Also East wood products to Use to prime, paint and clear coat. It would really help to figure out which black is proper. I know the Color rite color is #6304 Vivid Black. I prefer Eastwood ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Chevy 350 mini starter 12066; question about

After suffering the pains of the 30# starter OEM 3510S type and finding that I could not fit the thing in properly--my body wants a different starter. The one that I'm interested in is the unit that Eastwood is selling. The reason for this post is it must fit the 1978 Chevrolet 350 engine I have. That engine has a casting number found on the top of the engine in the rear near to the area where the 700R4 transmission bolts to the rear of the engine. They say that this number 3970010 is for a number ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Whudyu callit?

I have had a severe Senior Moment. I cannot recall the name of a common part used in rebuilding the front suspension on most vintage cars.

The item is used to seal out moisture and grit from the king pins and upper and lower pins on a front suspension. They are round steel, cupped disks that you insert into the top and bottom of say, the king pin cylinder, and hit it with a hammer to expand it into the hole, thus sealing it. Some have a threaded hold for a grease fitting.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. origial to extreme chassis black

I painted my wheelwells with origial chassis black and did a crappy job. I would like to repaint them with extreme chassis black to match my fiewall. Can I sand them down with 220 paper and prime them with extreme chassis black primer and paint them extreme chassis black? Thanks rookie
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. how do you remove it?

how do you remove anodize coating?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Follow Us